Back to the cradle - Orion vs Corinthia [320 AG]

It was late in the year. After negotiations with the Hossreach and FTA the time has finally come to occupy Helios. This would definitely cause Corinthia to react militarily, but that was expected. This time thanks to having allies Orion had a much bigger fleet.

100 ships enter trough the hyperlane, 50% of Orion’s fleet. They ware first in the formation. They knew the coast was clear because even though there had no permanent presence in the system, they did have spying assets. They’re soon followed by the rest of the allied armada.

3 Likes

Ethan & Sons Freighterline Co.
Ekota System
Nation: The Winchester Commonwealth / Federated Trade Association
ASCFED: N/A
Ms. Hannah Lifelance

Seven Days Prior…

Hannah Lifelance behind her terminal in her job. An accountant by trade, she mused herself by checking her email. A Crimson colored email greeted her.

DEPLOYMENT ORDER [DO NOT IGNORE]

That was… Probably important.

ASCFED Deployment Order Effective IMMEDIATELY

Hey, an excuse to get out of my job.

Reservist Deployment Criteria has been met pursuant to ASCFED Defense Agreement Protocol 5-2, Article 3.

That’s not good.

Broken Vase assesses immediate threat to the Association in the following systems: Helios, Sigmund’s Rest, Archer’s Eerie, Ekota, Winchester, Aeria.

We don’t control Helios, Sigmund’s Rest or Archer’s Eerie, what’s going on?

Additional strategic resources have been allocated. Readiness levels are to be immediately raised to highest levels.

Report to your CO and duty positions and follow all orders as given by CDCOM and PKCOM Callsigns.

I get to talk to Broken Vase. Great.

ASCFED DEFCON stands at DEFCON 3.

By Cascadia’s Heart, that’s very not good.

. . .

. . .

CONFIRMED VIEWING BY PERSONNEL

Should’ve just ignored it and taken the jail sentence.

SENDING READINESS STATUS…

I’m gonna have to take off work for this…

Sending Encrypted Data…

User Credentials

Name: Hannah Lifelance

DOB: 300/07/10 AG

SIDENT: FTA-RS-#######

Unit: 21st Peacekeeper Squadron

I did get that promotion! Nice.

Reservist PKCOM Captain

Wait, I’m in charge of a vessel now?!

Readiness Date: 320/11/7 AG

1432 HRS STN TIME

DATA RECEIVED

ASSIGNMENT RECEIVED

Deployment Location: Helios

Oh, cool. Three Days Journey.

Ethan & Sons Freighterline Co.
Ekota System
Nation: The Winchester Commonwealth / Federated Trade Association
ASCFED: DEFCON THREE
Ms. Hannah Lifelance, Ethan Canios

“Hey Boss, I’m taking off work, I got a Reservist Call up.”

“Oh shit, yeah go.”

“I’ll keep in touch via wristcomp, don’t worry.”

“Hannah, take your wristcomp and turn off our app, I don’t want you dying.”

“Oh, alright.”

“You’re in our prayers, Hannah!”

FAV Spellcaster II
Helios System
Contested Ownership
LCDR Hannah Lifelance, LT Thomas Acryline

Composition

Helios System Support Element (Long Distance Fires)
Spellcaster II | HC DDM-204 (Guided Missile Destroyer)
– Missile Payload 120 Mk21 VLS Cells

Spellcaster II VLS Cells

PROGRAMMING CHANNELS | 10

PROGRAMMING SPEED | 200% | 5 SECONDS

40x Lancer Block II Anti Ship Missile | SGM-239
[SEACT/ARAD | DIRECT (FREE APPROACH) | HEKP | HOT LAUNCH | RESUME SEARCH]

30x “Hitchhiker” Anti Ship Missile | SGM-H-241
[EO/SEACT | CRUISE | HE-I | COLD LAUNCH | SELF DESTRUCT | STAGING 2 AU | CORKSCREW]

30x Heat Haze Anti Ship Missile | SMG-H-294
[ARAD/EO | CRUISE | HE-I | COLD LAUNCH | SELF DESTUCT | STAGING 2 AU | EXTENDED SELF SCREENING JAMMER | WEAVE]

20x SEAD Block III Anti Ship Missile | SGM-228
[ARAD/EO | CRUISE | HE-I | COLD LAUNCH | RESUME SEARCH]

• Mk 23 120mm Dual Fire Cannon
    –550 AP, 750 HE, 1000 HE-RPF Rounds
    – 4 Round Autoloader 50 RPM

Spellcaster III | HC DDM-205 (Guided Missile Destroyer)

Spellcaster III VLS Cells

[EO/SEACT | CRUISE | HE-I | COLD LAUNCH | SELF DESTRUCT | STAGING 2 AU | CORKSCREW]

[ARAD/EO | CRUISE | HE-I | COLD LAUNCH | SELF DESTUCT | STAGING 2 AU | EXTENDED SELF SCREENING JAMMER | WEAVE]

LCDR Lifelance stood inside the FAV Spellcaster II. An Arquebus Guided Missile Destroyer, she had two hundred and forty missiles split between her two ships.

“Ma’am, this LT Acryline, Spellcaster III’s Provisonal Captain. Lead On.”

“Aye sir. Prep tubes, Prep DC incase we take fire.”

“Already on it, Ma’am. Over and out.”

“Over and out.”

“Helm, hold, we’re wading in as support for a large Firefight.”

FAV Versatile Variant
Archer’s Eerie System
Nation: Orion Directorate
LCDR Asher Reef

Composition

Helios System Support Element (Lanerunners)

Versatile Variant | MT-019

Payload

PROGRAMMING CHANNELS | 0

PROGRAMMING SPEED | N/A

25x SGM-H-319 “Breacher” Missile
[SEACT/CMD | CRUISE | HE-I | COLD LAUNCH | RESUME SEARCH | CORKSCREW | STAGING 4 AU]

75x SGT-381 “Provoker” Torpedo
[CMD/HOJ | DIRECT | HEKP | HOT LAUNCH | FREE APPROACH | WEAVE | RESUME SEARCH]

5x XLR Crossbow Missile Platforms

Payload

PROGRAMMING CHANNELS | 1

PROGRAMMING SPEED | 300% | 2.5 SECONDS

5x SGM-H-319 “Breacher” Missile
[SEACT/CMD | CRUISE | HE-I | COLD LAUNCH | RESUME SEARCH | CORKSCREW | STAGING 4 AU]

5x SGT-381 “Provoker” Torpedo

The Providence Pattern Missile Tender sat in orbit of the Hyperlane. Holding 100 Size 3 Missiles and Torpedoes, it sat waiting to refill any of it’s smaller Crossbow Pattern Missile Lane runners.

Asher Reef is a talented Human serving thirteen years in the FTA PKCOM Naval Forces. A Pioneer in the Missile Tender System, in which the question of “What if I put missiles in my Sending Stone Communication LRs?” And it worked. The Crossbow’s moved across the Hyperlane, ready to hit targets.

3 Likes

Mitlede. Mitlede. Mitlede.
Mitlede! The Krondel Ambassador screamed. His pointed nails ran down his face, tearing at the fabric of his hood and causing blood to drip on the floor. “The system bathed in hatred, the infernal den of the first star. I hate this Mitlede, for it is the system of grinding teeth and boiling skin!” He heard his tormented cries echo around him. There was another sound as well, one that was nearly silent. The light footsteps stopped, and from the darkness another voice called out
“Mitlede, how we hate it so! It dragged us in to steal our home. And yet we have lived, raging against the dreadful sun. In this heavenly body, we have cut out an eye to call our own.” The newcomer rested a hand on the Ambassador’s shoulder, smiling warmly. “Come, my dear Lesthus, let down your hood. You are not among the others anymore, there are none here to look on in disgust.” Lesthus quickly tore off his hood and bowed down in respect. The newcomer clasped his hands and brought him back up to his feet.
"Nightbringer Kailes, you honor a lowly servant with your presence! Why have you left the Veil, I am not worth such a risk! Lesthus cried. Kailes only chuckled.
"Be at peace Lesthus, I would not have met you out here if your work was not important. Great things have been set in motion, and you are the one who covered the flame. The Nightbringers have read your report, and have agreed with some of your conclusions. We have decided that the entire fleet at Sonde shall be contributed to this effort.
"Forgive me for questioning your wisdom, but will that be enough? Surely we could spare some of the stronger ships from Rachennt? Lesthus protested. Kailes narrowed his eyes, and for a moment Lesthus worried that he had offended the priest. It was a great relief when the man only smiled more, showing his jagged teeth. He shook his head, it a way that was almost wistful.
“We have considered the situation and made a choice. There are twenty thinly armored, but highly maneuverable ships in that fleet, each of them mounted with eight 250mm coilguns. If all goes well, we won’t even need to maintain a fleet at Sonde. And, as I recall, it was you who warned against recklessness? Let us send this fleet as a trial, a testing of the waters. We’ll notify our ‘friends’ of course, we wouldn’t want them to get blindsided by it if things go wrong. I’m sure they’ll understand our caution, considering how much they seemed to praise their precious Alarians.”

3 Likes

The 122 strong fleet was slowly moving towards the orbit of what remained of Gaia. They ware expecting a Corinthian response fleet to meet them around there, but Orion had a nother trick in store…

a couple of systems away, 1 hour ago…

10 ships exit the hyperlane into Olympia. Pirates. Well, on paper privateers. Orion had payed Panasu to attack Olympia as a distraction. A good amount of ships ware sent to respond to the raid, but not all.

back in Helios…

ONS SILDORIA, FLAGSHIP OF THE ORION NAVY

A officer approaches high admiral Alaric, head of the navy. Trained in numerous engagements with pirates he was trained into one of the most skilled commanders in the directorate.

“Sir, our long range detection system is detecting a Corinthian fleet entering the system.”

“How big?”

“We can’t tell accurately at this distance, but about 140 ships”

“So were outnumbered?”

"Not 100%, but it would seem so. "

“send the info to the rest of the fleet, tell it to expect engagement in a few hours. Get us in a defensive position”

“As you command high admiral!”

3 Likes

FAV Spellcaster II
Helios System
Contested Ownership
LCDR Hannah Lifelance

Composition

Spellcaster II VLS Cells

Hannah stood by in the CiC. A runner from her Intelligence Center hands her a report. With the poor track quality, it was going to take a bit to actually identify specific vessels, but from her report, it was really troubling. Analysis showed at least 15 Battleships, 5 Cruisers, and somewhere around 20 Destroyers, with a bunch of frigates thrown in between.

“We’re going to need reinforcements. Send one our Crossbows back and ask when the next group is inbound.”

“Aye Ma’am.”

“Helmsman Flank Ahead, let’s get into the radar shadow of Poseidon, keep our emissions to a minimum, WCON on hold, let’s get ready to throw these missiles down the chute.”

“Aye Ma’am, Flank Ahead, Drive Course.”

“Guidance, Clear.”

“Guidance Clear! Program Cleared!”

“COMMO, ask for some better fucking tracks, I ain’t firing expensive missiles on a [TQ1] we barely know anything about.”

FAV Versatile Variant
Archer’s Eerie System
LCDR Asher Reef, CDRE Areia Pacia, Mrs. Sakala Sarvaris

Composition

Payload

PROGRAMMING CHANNELS | 0

PROGRAMMING SPEED | N/A

Payload

PROGRAMMING CHANNELS | 1

Task Force Red

Point Refuge II ‘Pocket’ Class Cruiser | CL-07
Missile Payload 24 Mk 22 VLS Cells

Point Refuge II VLS Cells

PROGRAMING CHANNELS | 4

PROGRAMMING SPEED | 100% | 10 SECONDS

24x “Winchester’s Finest” Anti Ship Missile | SGM-H-221
[EO/SEACT | CRUISE | HEKP | HOT LAUNCH | SELF DESTRUCT | STAGING 2 AU | EXTENDED SELF SCREENING JAMMER | HARDENED SKIN | CORKSCREW}

• 5x Mk 34 250mm Coilgun
  • 2500 AP, 3000 HE, 2500 HE-RPF
  • 20 Round Autoloader 250 RPM

Presentation of the Facts ‘Pocket’ Class Cruiser | CL-12

Presentation of the Facts VLS Cells

PROGRAMING CHANNELS | 4

[EO/SEACT | CRUISE | HEKP | HOT LAUNCH | SELF DESTRUCT | STAGING 2 AU | EXTENDED SELF SCREENING JAMMER | HARDENED SKIN | CORKSCREW}

• 5x Mk 34 250mm Coilgun

Slip into the Night ‘Pocket’ Class Cruiser | CL-13

Slip into the Night VLS Cells

PROGRAMING CHANNELS | 4

• 5x Mk 34 250mm Coilgun

Objective Analysis ‘Pocket’ Class Cruiser | CL-14

Objective Analysis VLS Cells

PROGRAMING CHANNELS | 4

• 5x Mk 34 250mm Coilgun

Spellcaster IV ‘Arquebus’ Class Destroyer | DDM-206
– Missile Payload 150 Mk21 VLS Cells

PROGRAMMING CHANNELS | 30

120x SEAD Block III Anti Ship Missile | SGM-228

30x SEAD Block IV Anti Ship Missile | SGM-228
[ARAD/EO/HOJ | CRUISE | HE-I | COLD LAUNCH | RESUME SEARCH | SELF SCREENING JAMMER]

We Don’t Need a Warrant ‘Constellation’ Class Frigate | FFE-029

Breach of Contract ‘Constellation’ Class Frigate | FFE-030

You Asked For This ‘Constellation’ Class Frigate | FFE-031

Confirm Your Choice ‘Constellation’ Class Frigate | FFE-032

Gross Negligence II ‘Constellation’ Class Frigate | FFE-033

Interlocking Joint II ‘Ralstoria’ Class Frigate | FFG-209

Lt. John Barovia ‘Ralstoria’ Class Frigate | FFG-210

The Intelligence wasn’t surprising, but it was worrying. The PKCOM Base at Archer’s Eerie only had two ships preparing to move out, Spell caster IV and Frontier’s Call, both Arqeubus Class Destroyers. On net, he heard the hail.

“Commodore Areia Pacia to ALCON, all FAVs enroute that aren’t Missile Tenders or Lane Runners fall into Formation and lock into integrated PD Net. Data code is Four Six Two. All hands to action stations, repeat all hands to action stations. Prepare for crossing.”

A hail returns.

“This is the Bulk Liner FAV Crash Course II captained by Captain Sakala Sarvaris, requesting a provisional squadron tag and PD Net Code under ASCFED Defense Agreement Protocol 5-1, Article 4. All Liners with Combat Capable 100mms fall into either Task Force Red or fall in with FAV Crash Course II. The Crash Course II will be assigning itself as a de facto Command Ship. Any copies across the board?”

“This is the FAV Backside Hauler, we read. Falling into formation.”

“FAV Opaque Glass, Lead On!”

“FAV Spirit of the Journey, we’re online.”

“FAV Return to Form, loading ammo, on you.”

“FAV Charge into Change, Falling in.”

“Heard, provisional squadron Lineship, PD Code Four Six Three Lock in. We’ll be crossing, Sakala Sarvaris you are commissioned as a LCDR under PKCOM until further notice. Making the crossing now, we’ll see you farside.”

“Aye sir!”

Asher was shocked. Never in his life had he seen an actual Lineship Flotilla form, much less one from a Captain who voluntered. But that’s what the Association does, make people into who they need to be. In this case, extremely nationalistic and willing to put Nation over company. A rare thing among Liner Captains. Her name screamed Half Elf, but he really wasn’t willing to guess.

“Sir? A LR returned asking for reinforcements.”

“There’s reinforcements on the way. Send it back. Tell them they have more stuff coming.”

“We’re going to need more MTs…”

3 Likes

The Krondel Ships were waiting by the others, ready to join their ranks on the Orion fleet’s command. The crews trembled with excitement and awe, for somewhere in this system Archer lay in silent rest. They had to restrain themselves-- all that could wait.
“The Sonde fleet awaits your lead, Orion. I trust someone of relevant rank been briefed on the combat specifications of our ships?” The Admiral of the fleet muted her side of the conversation and waited patiently for a response. Behind her, some of the other bridge officers were whispering. “Do you all have something to share, or should I cut out your tongues and bring in the next ranking officers?” She felt satisfied as they all fell back into order and returned to their duties. She could tell they were annoyed about the diversion of Hossreach troops to fight a petty little war. Of course, they failed to see the wisdom of the Nightbringers. Those born on the fringe planets often had that flaw.

3 Likes

“Admiral Alaric speaking. Yes i have been briefed on the full capabilities of your ships and adjusted tactics accordingly. On this day Corinthian blood will be spilled and Helios claimed for the directorate!”

A cheer was heard in the background. The morale of the crew was great.

Corinthian ships slowly approach the main fleet’s position in the ares-zeus belt. Alaric calls his long range missile support

“Spellcaster squadron, this is Alaric. T-2 minutes untill Corinthia enters torpedo range. We’re sending you live targeting data. You have permission to fire at will and nuclear clearance up until they reach 100km from bullseye. Do you copy?”

3 Likes

FAV Spellcaster II
Helios System
Contested Ownership
LCDR Hannah Lifelance

Composition

Spellcaster II VLS Cells

Hannah stood by in the CiC. A runner from her Intelligence Center hands her a report. The track quality had increased, and they began to clean up their intel. Only ten battleships, as opposed to the original fifteen.

A Message broke the silence, from the Crossbow she’d sent back.

“ALCON, ALCON, Allied Lineship Flotilla on the way.”

“That’s just swell.”

Recieving orders, she gave the orders

“Shooter’s Mark! PFN, Nuclear, High Explosive Impact, HEKP all Cleared Hot!”

“Guidance Clear! Shooter’s Mark! MWO, ON THE WAY!”

The first volley is an all cold launch, taking advantage of the Oberth effect Poseidon’s gravity well provides. Because of their complex guidance systems, it is possible to do complex maneuvers, like a Hohmann Transfer, Gravity Assists, Low Energy Transfers, etc. The first two missiles in the salvo are Proximity Fuse Nuclear (PFN), which are set to go off nearby to strip off armor. The rest are set to actually hit enemy vessels.

The LRs fire off their missiles and bolt for the Lane.

FAV Point Refuge II
Helios System
Contested Ownership
CDRE Areia Pacia

Composition

Task Force Red

PROGRAMING CHANNELS | 4

• 5x Mk 34 250mm Coilgun

PROGRAMING CHANNELS | 4

• 5x Mk 34 250mm Coilgun

PROGRAMING CHANNELS | 4

• 5x Mk 34 250mm Coilgun

PROGRAMING CHANNELS | 4

• 5x Mk 34 250mm Coilgun

[ARAD/EO/HOJ | CRUISE | HE-I | COLD LAUNCH | RESUME SEARCH | SELF SCREENING JAMMER]

“This is Commodore Pacia to ALCON, we are REDCON One. Patch me into the Integrated Fire Control Network, and y’know what, open a channel for me. We’ll give them a chance to back off.”

“This is the Federated Trade Association Commodore Areia Pacia to ALCON. Incoming vessels, we have you on track, stand down, scram your reactors and pod out, and nobody has to die. This is your only chance and warning.”

FAV Versatile Variant
Archer’s Eerie System
LCDR Asher Reef

Composition

Payload

PROGRAMMING CHANNELS | 0

PROGRAMMING SPEED | N/A

Payload

PROGRAMMING CHANNELS | 1

“Get our Systems ready for their arrival, we’re going to need to replenish their VLS’ on the fly.”

“This is FAV Hydrogen I to FAV to Versatile Variant, tubes are clear for replenishment. Appreciation in advance.”

“And here they come. Let’s get this turn around time under two minutes.”

3 Likes

“This is your Admiral speaking, it appears they are currently trying to ‘talk them down.’ You may rest assured knowing that we will soon taste combat. Ready up and do not fail, the consequences of embarrassing the Hossreach will be wide reaching.” She paused, considering something for a moment. “Should you survive to make practical suggestions for the future, I’m more than confident our tacticians will take great interest in them.” She smiled as the twenty ships readied the guns and pointed them at the enemy fleet. If the Orions knew what they were doing, this would be interesting, to say the least.

3 Likes

Missiles scream trough the vacuum, entering the asteroid belt, and continuing to the Corinthian ships. the FTA undoubtedly had the best missiles in the cluster. Well, second best. The ancient Gaian T-1000 could not be outclassed, that was publicaly known. Faster than anything currently in service yet still surprisingly maneuverable and agile. But there ware only 600 still existing. With the fall of Gaia the design of it was lost like so much other tech. But Orion had 200.

“Sir, detecting FTA missile launch.”

“Well what are you waiting for? Launch our barrage too!”

“As you order.”

From the 100 ships 400 missiles fly, of which 50 are T-1000, the largest volume of them used since the fall of Gaia. It was aproximated that at least 50% of the volley would be intercepted, but they would saturate the defense systems of the fleet.

Admiral Irene Mitrouli was shouting orders while her radar was beeping like it’s life depended on it. From her fleet point defense missiles flied in a great volume, but they knew they couldn’t intercept them all

Corinthia didn’t have the capacity for a first strike like this. It was well off militarily but weak in the long range missile game. While their enemies fired they ware still heavily out of range.

The volley entered PDC range. Softkill was not very effective, some of orion’s missiles got knocked off but that’s it. Proximity nukes detonated, stripping armor blocking radar and causing EMPs. Then the strikes followed.

MISSILE STRIKE RATE

FTA VOLLEY: 10 out of 45 intercepted; hit rate 78%
MAIN ORION VOLLEY: 159 out of 350 intercepted; hit rate 55%
T-1000 VOLLEY: 4 out of 50 intercepted; hit rate 92%

The strike was devastating. Damage was heavy. Most of the fleet suffered damage, a lot heavy, and some ships ware even disabled. Corinthia had completely lost it’s advantage, but they ware now in long range torpedo range. The counter volley was fired. Over 400 torpedos. Now it was time to see if Orion and it’s allies ware better than Corinthia in missile defense.

3 Likes

FAV Spellcaster II
Helios System
Contested Ownership
LCDR Hannah Lifelance

Composition

Spellcaster II VLS Cells

30 20x “Hitchhiker” Anti Ship Missile | SGM-H-241

30 20x “Hitchhiker” Anti Ship Missile | SGM-H-241

Hannah anxiously greeted the runner, took the report, and carefully inspected it. The breachers had absorbed most of the fire.

“Hold, we need to wait. I’m not risking a Pitbull onto friendly vessels. We’ve done enough damage.”

“Ma’am! Friendly Lineship Formation! They’re moving down to the battlespace in the belt!”

“Holy… Pray they disengage.”

FAV Versatile Variant
Archer’s Eerie System
LCDR Asher Reef, LCDR. Sakala Sarvaris

Composition

Payload

PROGRAMMING CHANNELS | 0

PROGRAMMING SPEED | N/A

Payload

PROGRAMMING CHANNELS | 1

Lineship Flotila

FAV Crash Course II | LN-319
CHI-1200 “Custodian” Drive

CHI-1200 "Custodian" Drive Specifications

This Drive was designed for extremely cautious captains operating in the Extra-Solar Ice Fields, where a Dead Drive was a guaranteed death sentence. Now favored by Captains who venture into potentially hostile situations, it is extra armored, and has many redundancies around the Cascadium Reactor.

Cargo

Dry Weight: 1000 kg

700kg of Rillian Extra Solar Ice

**500x 400mm Plasma Ampules, totaling 300 kg **

• 8x T10 (Mk. 19) 100mm Guns | 8 Round Autoloader 65x8 RPM
    –2500 AP | 3500 Grapeshot | 2000 HE | 1000 | HE-HC

• 2x PT-2 (Mk. 91) 400mm Plasma Cannon | 2 Rounds Autoloader 10 RPM
    –500 400mm Plasma Ampules

Plasma Cannons?

Despite its high-tech sound, plasma cannons are a rather crude quick fix to the Association’s wider problem of fielding Bulk Freighters in combat situations. PT-2s are 400mm Coilguns that fire superheated plasma ampules at a target, which upon impacting breaks apart and destroys armor, allowing for smaller calibers of fire (such as 100mm or 120mm) to rip apart larger capital ships.

FAV Opaque Glass | LN-209
BW-2209 Drive

BW-2209 Drive Specifications

An Unmodified Drive, straight from the factory. Usually used when the captain is skimping out on new drive patterns.

Cargo

Dry Weight: 0 kg
N/A (Cargo Dumped)

FAV Backside Hauler | LN-230
BW-2209 Drive

An Unmodified Drive, straight from the factory. Usually used when the captain is skimping out on new drive patterns.

Cargo

N/A (Cargo Dumped)

FAV Spirit of the Journey | LN-219
BW-2209 Drive

Cargo

N/A (Cargo Dumped)

FAV Return to Form | LN-119
BW-2209 Drive

Cargo

N/A (Cargo Dumped)

FAV Charge into Change | LN-208
BW-2209 Drive

Cargo

N/A (Cargo Dumped)

34x Cascadia Pattern Bulk Freighters

LCDR Sakala Sarvaris had been coordinating the group of ships into an amendable formation

“Making the crossing. If you remember your signaling units, use them. Flank Ahead once out of the relay. Stay in formation, break off, you die.”

FAV Point Refuge II
Helios System
Contested Ownership
CDRE Areia Pacia

Composition

Task Force Red

PROGRAMING CHANNELS | 4

• 5x Mk 34 250mm Coilgun

PROGRAMING CHANNELS | 4

• 5x Mk 34 250mm Coilgun

PROGRAMING CHANNELS | 4

• 5x Mk 34 250mm Coilgun

PROGRAMING CHANNELS | 4

• 5x Mk 34 250mm Coilgun

A Yell.

“SPIKER! SPIKER! SPIKER!”

“Load, HE-RPF! Chaff, Flares! Jamming! Ready the PD Net! Battleshort the Mk 34s!”

The Fire Control System rapidly changed off the Corinthian Vessel and began lighting up the torpedoes with HE-RPF. Each of the four Pocket Cruisers had an integrated Fire Control Radar, and each Mk 34 Coilgun at non Battle shorted levels could fire off 250 RPM. At Battle shorted, 275. Hard Kill Intercepts were guaranteed. The few that were able to get through were hit with PDMs, and those who got through the PDMs were greeted with 50mm Flak and 20mm Slug.

“…Line.”

“Open Channel, go ahead.”

“I ask again, NGOC Vessels, stand down, you are not in a capacity to fight us. SCRAM and Pod out. For your Spacer’s lives, I beg you captains! Stand Down!”

“…You know they won’t, Areia.”

“…Better to try though. All hands, load HE. Commence with battle. Turn off the battleshort.”

“Ma’am! Lineship Flotilla has arrived in system!”

“Give them coordiantes, and bring them down here.”

“Aye!”

3 Likes

“All ships, initiate evasive maneuvers! Be wary of your surroundings, you don’t want to get in the way of anyone or end up in a collision because you were too busy panicking. You are sailors, not whimpering children! And for those of you who might have forgotten, get your defense mechanisms ready! They’re untested against alien technology, and we might now get as good a chance to test them.”
(OOC note: unless specified otherwise, assume the Admiral is only talking to the Hossreach ships)

3 Likes

The fighting was brutal, ships ware being splashed on both sides, but Orion’s coalition had the upper hand. The question was only if Corinthia would fight to the death or attempt a retreat.

Suddenly from the corinthian left flank a squadron of 7 ships broke off dashing out of the battle in a very high g burn. After gaining a bit of distance from the corinthian fleet the command ship broadcasted directionally towards the alliance ships:

“This is commodore Silas of the GRF Oedipus! My squadron has seen first hand the total disregard for human life and rampant unnecessary militarism and great corruption of the Corinthian regime. We are defecting to Greenhaven and ask sympathy from you. We offer all the information on Corinthia available to us in exchange for protection. We await your response”

Admiral Alaric was shocked. He wasn’t expecting this. All his life he was taught that the Corinthians ware brainwashed brutes whole refuse to ever stand down. But this was a pleasant surprise. He sent them a message of their own:

“This is admiral Alaric of the Directorate of Orion, my ships will protect you. I’ll want to meet personally in Greenhaven after this, but that will be discussed later.”

3 Likes