Aurora Unit Symbology

This is a link to a unit symbology for Aurora. I can imagine that people will one day want to make battle-maps for this canon in particular, due to the nature of medieval combat- however, NATO Symbology, for some crazy reason, doesn’t have symbols for things like war elephants… Therefore, I created my own Symbology for everyone in the canon to use. Some notes:

Currently, the Symbology only has land units. Air units and naval units may be added in the future.

Unlike in NATO Symbology, factions are indicated with COLORS ONLY. Different shapes will be used to distinguish air units and naval units in the future.

On the left sides are base units, and on the right are modifiers. Modifiers are added to the sides of base units to add some level of specificity to them- for instance, instead of a separate symbol for heavy infantry, you add the modifier for armored to the base unit of Infantry.

Please put any suggestions for unit or modifier additions into the replies for this topic. I will add them as soon as possible if they aren’t already covered. If you have an idea for a shape, and you can make it using the Default shapes for Google Slides that would be appreciated to make it easier for me to recreate. If you hand-draw a symbol, please ensure that it is in all black, with a transparent background, to keep in line with the other designs. A shape is not required; if one is not provided, I will make it myself.

Additionally, in the event that I leave the canon, I will make this a wiki post, and I will open these Slides to the individuals interested in continuing updating or maintaining them.

This first post will be used to keep a note of all updates to the symbology.

May 10, 2024
  • Created ground units.
  • Added base units Infantry, Cavalry, Archers, Artillery/Siege Weapons, Mage, Proto Gun, and Crossbow.
  • Added modifiers Armored, Mounted/Horse Pulled, Light, and magic.
5 Likes