Appointed Cabinet

The list is almost entirely taken from your post on cutting down the executive. It is included here to ensure that the executive continues to be legally responsible for elements of the game that everyone else is playing (as opposed to appointing Ministers solely responsible for joke Ministries), but I don’t have a big issue with removing it altogether in favor of an unofficial culture of maintaining a few Ministries. Assembly confirmation is still included in the process.

Additional Ministries and other methods of organizations (like Offices) are allowed, as the Cabinet’s primary purpose is defined, not their sole purpose. Maintenance of the dispatch system, for instance, can be handled with appointing a Director.

This is another system I could support, but with the total abolition of directly electing the head of government and instead electing members of an executive council that would then elect a First Minister, their first among equals. That is outside the scope of this thread, however, and one I have not yet drafted language for.

I’m unwilling to part ways with the 3-day vote, if the debate period is not also extended to cover that lost time. 4 days of debate and voting total is as short a time I can support to cover the majority of minor hang-ups in participating in our democracy.