[2417.AB] Draft World Assembly Act

That’s funny, because just a few months ago you were asking us to just trust the Delegate

I don’t know why Delegate ‘discretion’ is suddenly so important, except for… the current Delegate… who just a few months ago, wanted us not to defer to the ‘majority of WA nations in the region’ but rather to just trust the Delegate to vote however they felt was ‘best for the region.’ And this is coming from the same person who gave the Prime Minister the statutory responsibility — which cannot be delegated! — to oversee ‘the Coalition’s interest in World Assembly matters.’

Voting with an early global majority is a well-observed pattern with WA votes, and that includes the ‘majority of WA nations in the region.’ If you want more people to participate in OWL votes… take it up with the PM?

For what it’s worth, I don’t know if we actually need OWL to be this weird pseudo-ministry that’s part of the executive but not the Cabinet. We have this weird structure because a WA ministry felt like a lot back when we had fixed ministries set in the Charter, but I’m not sure why OWL needs to have its own unique structure.