[2345.AB] Change of Cabinet Office Names

I like the idea, and not because of SHoES. I think it’s good to change the little things so that we aren’t in the same trend all the time.

1 Like

Maybe President of the Cabinet, but maybe this is too long…
Or Cabinet President, idk

1 Like

Chancellor, President, and Premier are all other words for Heads of Government, but, like Chancellor, they may have other meanings elsewhere

Supreme Leader?

No wait that’s Amerion

Well President is certainly a word for head of state. I’m not sure that I know any Chancellors or Premiers that are head of state; typically, they are heads of government in a parliamentary system, with a separate President acting as head of state. We now have what I would describe as a semi-Presidential system, with the head of government being elected directly by the people rather than the legislature, but a separate head of state. I wonder if Chancellor is the best term for such a system, but I must admit I’m not sure I can think of a better one.

I meant government, I was tired when I wrote that…

Delegate is Head of State, PM is Head of Government

I’m not opposed to name changes but with mention of the Coral Guard, perhaps we can lean more heavily into the Pacific/nautical theming of the region.

2 Likes

Yes, but I don’t think we’ll be able to use titles like “Admiral” or anything, as that might be confusing to new players

The problem is the confusion, but I don’t think it would be that problematic…
Captain looks good to me

1 Like

Eh, captain would be a little low-ranking to be the Head of Government. If we want to do navy names, maybe Fleet Admiral could work

Better to save the Naval ranks for the actual military, vice renaming civilian offices.

2 Likes

Or - and this is a radical idea folks - we could simply stick with the standard English language names for these government roles, which are Prime Minister and Minister.

Yeah, maybe…
But keeping the pacific/naval/nautical theme would still be cool

1 Like

There’s nothing stopping the Prime Minister from appointing a “First Lord of the Admiralty” instead of a Minister of Defence - the Charter states that the PM will appoint ministers to the Cabinet, not what their titles will be.

1 Like

Thinking about it this way, it makes sense…

Not really, the charter explicitly states that the PM appoints Ministers, not “First Lords of the Admiralty” or anythong. There are clear restrictions here, it’s not on a whim.

We do have an Idol of the Coalition

1 Like

That would be cool though.

“I hereby appoint Larry the Llama to my Cabinet as a minister, with the title of Colonel-General and Warlord.”

2 Likes

That works in theory, but it’s not as strong as actually renaming the positions