[2322.AB] Omnibus Reconciliation of PM Appointed Cabinet Provisions

The Cabinet, in and of itself, is not going away. It is being codified to allow the PM to actually lead the Cabinet.

Yes, this is the intention, but it is not as ill-intentioned as your previous sentence indicated. The Assembly, by just about a two-thirds majority, changed the Cabinet’s selection method to PM appointment, but that left more holes in the laws that were previously considered (or at the very least, acted upon). This is why the Assembly is also is currently voting on an Executive Order addressing just one of those pressing ambiguities that a present within the law, and I might add that this change is quite the landslide vote thus far.

The Omnibus package before us looks large and daunting, and it is. It is a comprehensive amending of the laws of the region in one package that merely codifies what the move to a PM-appointed Cabinet implied. If this package isn’t adopted, I could easily envision several smaller bills in the Assembly, or cases before the High Court asking them to determine how to proceed regarding the several ambiguities in the law.

Thank you for the questions, and I hope I alleviated your concerns!

2 Likes