[2307.AP] LegComm Activity

How is the Legislator Committee doing?

I’m not looking to blame anyone here. Still, since Jay’s appointment to the Legislator Committee was approved in November, he has posted just once in the legislator applications category, to inform an applicant that their application was pending. For reference, records of posts by HumanSanity and Anjo are similarly available.

Given the role of the Assembly in overseeing the Legislator Committee, I’m curious if any members of the Legislator Committee have any thoughts or comments on the current amount and distribution of work. Do the current workloads for committee members feel reasonable, sustainable, and well-distributed?

Wanting to provide a prompt and clear update regarding this:

Jay resigned from LegComm on Discord a few days ago.

anjo and I are in the process of discussing a possible replacement.

Was there a reason for the resignation, particularly so shortly after his confirmation? I fully understand that life happens, but I would think a commitment made to the region would last longer than a couple of months.

Second, and more concerning in my opinion, was the PM notified of this resignation? And most importantly, why wasn’t the Assembly notified about this resignation when it happened?

The Legislator Committee appears to be below the mandated minimum number of members, which needs to be corrected as soon as possible.

Link to the resignation.

Closed due to inactivity per the Legislative Procedure Act , Article 1, Section 6.