[2247.MR] Recall resolution against im_a_waffle1

I’m aware. However, the recall draft focuses on there not being a substantial or adequate amount of content, to which I asked,

I’m aware and I like the vigilance which The Assembly is showing. However, I feel the need to address that this reply answers and better elaborates my point on the fact that this should have been expected by Waffle, yet he was still voted.

elected by legislators | have no business being uncivil and unresponsive [any attribute] to us

Look, the point is: Doge has been around for a while, he’s done things which a lot find annoying continuously, his demeanor is well known.
When electing Waffle, the same demeanor should have been expected and it is surprising to me that it apparently hasn’t.

If they’re going to resign because some questions got asked about their (lack of) activity with the Ministry, then why did they run for office in the first place?

I reiterate that doge should come and present their case to the Assembly on why they are not derelict in their duty as Minister of Engagement.

I think you overestimate the region’s knowledge of Waffle’s personality. I don’t remember how I voted in the most recent election, but I certainly did not do so with any awareness of Waffle’s personality and I’d bet that many others might feel similarly.

Even if we’d known, however, so what? Once you’re elected you have to hold yourself to a higher standard.

I don’t know but he runs for pretty much any (x) position during every election.

Now that is shocking because he’s been around and sometimes behaved more drastically than I have [before certain events took place]. Yet I am, or rather what I was, is (supposedly) well known.

As for behaving differently upon assuming office, I agree. I didn’t expect his “edgy” approach to change but I did expect him to increase participation in helping other players with more technical back-end issues (something which he did do but scarcely) or begin increasing engagement through the technical knowledge he has shown to have.

Yeah, recall me. It’s probably for the best anyways. In October, I had tons of stuff going on and I probably should have made that more clear during the campaign. The idea was that I would have more time in November and I would be able to complete those campaign promises that I had. And then November came, and I didn’t really have that drive anymore. Yes, you are all correct that those responses in the Cabinet thread were unwarranted. I probably shouldn’t have come off so harshly. Some of it was based in truth, but it would have been better to just say it instead of having to coat it in a layer of insults. Right now I’m involved in too many things to focus all of my efforts on the ministry.

However, before I go out, I would like to say one thing—do we even need the MoE? My time in the MoE has shown me that very little real engagement gets started from MoE recruitment drives, if there are any recruitment drives at the time. I believe that a removal of the MoE or at least a very trimmed down version of the MoE would be best, with projects like the card program and the wiki being moved to the MoC.

Be glad you caught me on a good day. I will make no further comments on the matter.

If that is the case, then it might be better to submit your resignation vice voting on a recall.

So I was going to type out a lengthy post attacking those in this thread, but I decided that the Ministry of Engagement is not a good hill to die on. I resigned instead.

1 Like

Hm.

I’ll take this very ungrounded, esoteric prediction becoming true as a birthday gift to myself. Thanks Kate.

1 Like

Due to the resignation of im_a_waffle1, the original author of this resolution has withdrawn their resolution proposal.

Thus, this topic has been closed from further replies.