Your Ideal Government

If by “citizenship debate” you mean the idea of decoupling voting from legislator status, I’m not outright opposed to it but I’d still like to see voting tied to other kinds of government service to ensure that voting is still dependent on contributing to the region. Perhaps voting could be tied to participation in any government institution, so that activity checks are based on participating in the institutions where each person is most interested?

I’m not sure I’ve seen yet a compelling case for a bicameral legislature. It seems more like a solution in search of a problem. If the concern is ensuring that the Assembly is seen as an exciting institution with engaged members, rather than just a bland default go-to option, I suppose a Europeia-like option, with an elected Senate and a Citizens Assembly open to applications, would be an interesting idea to explore. I would still be concerned about elitism, lack of representation for different views, and how many people would actually run for such a Senate.

Something along the lines of having one “president” and instead of having it like a pyramid style command structure, have it to where different branches are responsible for different tasks, and the president is in the center of this circle, able to command the different branches to there will

Of course, for the different branches I would have a “President” of that branch, and a “Vice President” of that branch.

This way you get the effectiveness of having different branches being able to focus on different tasks, while still having that safety of being able to hand emergency powers in case of trouble

I don’t really understand…any of this. But basically you want a regional president to with members of their “pyramid-style structure” (whatever that is) doing what they want? I’m pretty confused.

Basically, just have the government broken down into different branches, and in those branches have a power structure where you have a chain of command (President, Vice President, Secretary, etc…)

1 Like

What would be the names and jobs of the branches/departments?

1 Like

Here’s a link to a post I made a while back explaining what I would do

https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=49596990

And what would the assembly be in this government?