Voting Booth

[GCPR.2210] HONORS AND CEREMONIES ACT

This is a vote on [GCPR.2210] Honors and Ceremonies Act, which was submitted, debated, and motioned on this thread in accordance with the provisions of the Great Council Convening Resolution.

This amendment requires a simple majority of valid votes cast, excluding abstentions, to pass, and will remain open during the period listed below:

2022-11-25T14:00:00Z2022-11-30T14:00:00Z

Read the Amendment

HONORS AND CEREMONIES ACT
An act to define customs and ceremonies in the Coalition’s government.

1. General Provisions

(1) This law is a general law.

2. Honors

(1) The standard honorific to be used in the Coalition should be “The Honorable”.
(2) While in the Assembly:

1. The Chair should be addressed in all posts.
  2. The Prime Minister should be indirectly addressed.
  3. The Delegate should be prefaced with the standard honorific.
  4. Justices should be prefaced with the standard honorific.

(3) Justices should be addressed as “Your Honor” in the High Court.

3. Ceremonies

(1) The Chair of the Assembly should, upon the proclamation of results of the Prime Minister election, invite the Prime Minister-elect to give a speech to the Assembly outlining their plans for the upcoming term and introduce their government for approval by the Assembly.
(2) Upon the proclamation of results of the Delegate election, the Delegate-elect should give an inaugural speech to the region.
(3) Upon the start of their terms:

1. The Prime Minister-elect should take the oath of office, administered by the Delegate.
  2. The Chair of the Assembly-elect should take the oath of office, administered by the Delegate.
  3. The Delegate-elect should take the oath of office, administered by the outgoing Delegate.
  4. All Justices should take the oath of office administered by the Chair of the Assembly.

(4) The administering of the oath shall take place in a public setting.
(5) Foreign ambassadors should present their letters of credential to the Delegate in a public setting.

4. Oath of Office

(1) The oath of office reads:

“I, [name], do solemnly swear that I will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Charter of the Coalition of the South Pacific, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, and that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.”

• Yes
  • No
  • Abstain
0 voters