State Meeting between Emerald-Denver and Evinea

The state visit between the governments of Emerald-Denver and Evinea regarding specific issues, particularly the proposed Mutual Defense Pact

After announcing to the public that he would be going to Emerald-Denver to meet Prime Minister Galen Hughes, President Aziz Traore is now boarding Evinea Air Force One to head to the nation to discuss certain matters that are of interest to both nations. However, the biggest issue on the table is a proposed Mutual Defense Pact between the two nations. The Defense Pact was introduced by the Denverian state, citing its “support for Free Social Liberal Democracies, especially after the Denverian Civil War”.

In a short media run in before he boarded plane, Traore hopes to seek common ground with Hughes in an effort to serve the interests of both nations.

“This meeting could possibly one of the biggest events of my presidency. I hope to honor whatever deal we make with integrity and honesty to ensure that our nation and Emerald-Denver both feel respected. I am very excited to meet Mr. Hughes and I believe this will be a fantastic and prosperous meeting. Now, I have a plane to board and a new country to visit, so have a good day everyone.”

Traore finally boards the plane, and in a few minutes, Evinea Air Force One was up in the air and headed towards Emerald-Denver. While on the plane, Traore discussed topics with his advisors related to the proposed Defense Pact and other issues. Ideas of arms trade, training operations, sharing of intelligence were some of the topics talked over during the journey.

After a few days, Air Force One touchdown on Denverian soil. Traore stepped out of the plane and waved to the crowd that had gathered to see the president. He then stepped down the plane, heading towards Prime Minister Hughes who waits at the bottom.

OOC: @KingTEM , first post has been made.

Galen had already arrived at Copenhagen International, an airport rarely used for diplomatic visits. Galen had been chosen to conduct the state visit after much debate on whether the PM or the King should go. Ultimately, it was decided that Galen would go, along with Prince Edward, representing his father, to make it clear that The Union was a constitutional Monarchy, that operated along side a free and fair Democracy. Normally, in this scenario, a Denverian Delegate would also be chosen to stand alongside the Union PM, but with Denver currently recovering, along with an ongoing constitutional crisis for an elected Denverian Government, an Interim Government led by Vice Minister Dylan Greenov has been put in place. So, in this situation, Galen is representing the Union and Denver. Galen stood at the bottom of the aircraft stairs, with Prince Edward and the 2nd Royal Guards standing behind him. The Flag Officers held both the Union and Evinean Flags.

“Welcome to Emerald-Denver, Mr President. This is Prince Edward, heir to the throne, he’s going to be representing Emerald in this state meeting. We’re gonna head to the temporary HQ of the Starhawk Pact.”

They walked up to an ET-17 “Lion” Armoured Transport. The sides bore the flag of the Starhawk Pact.

“We’ll be taking this to Fort Edward, it located a miles south of Copenhagen, near the Edward Military Complex. We’ll be under heavy security, due to a current ERF Threat after the Copenhagen Bombings.”

They got into the Armoured Transport, with Galen signaling the Convoy to move out.

Traore walks up to Mr. Galen and shakes his hand while walking to the Armoured Transport. As they enter the vehicle and the convoy moves out, Traore looks at outside through the window, beholding the new nation he is currently in.

“Mr. Galen, once again, thank you for inviting me to your wonderful nation. If I may ask, what is this threat you speak of?”

Galen looks up at the Evinean President, and speaks.

“The ERF, Or The Emeraldian Republican Front, a known Terrorist Organization. The Reason I said Temporary HQ Of the Starhawk Pact, is because the old one was destroyed by the ERF using bombs. They’ve also bombed Copenhagen, They’ve killed numerous Emeraldian Intelligence Operatives, and they also have worked with Known Criminals. Because Evinea could be a potential Ally to the Emeraldian Government, It would make sense that they would try to prevent that from happening, thus why we are under heavy security. We know they have agents in the Emeraldian Government, but we don’t know who.”

Traore responds.

“I am very sorry that terrorism is taking root in your nations. Maybe this can serve as a point to be brought up when making our Mutual Defense Pact - increased capabilities of counterterrorism - as defense should both cover external and internal threats. We could possible coordinate sharing of intelligence to help one another out with situations like these so it becomes easier to contain and quell such threats.”

Galen responds:

“It’s alright, trust me, we’ve been through worse, such as the Nuclear Bombing of Starton and Hawk by the Denverian Nationalists in the Civil War a couple months back. Damn Fascists, what they did was nothing short of barbaric, they committed genocide, nuclear holocaust, among other crimes. That can certainly be arranged, but I’m afraid Intelligence is out of my control.”

Prince Edward speaks up:

“Currently, the Public does not know about the Intelligence Agency, only that they know we have one. Sharing could be possible, but I would have to ask my Father and the Minister Of Defence about that. Sorry, I believe I haven’t introduced myself, I’m Prince Edward Of Emral, Heir to the Throne, and currently a Naval Lieutenant in the 3rd Fleet, although I’m currently on home leave.”

The Armoured Car slows to a stop outside the Admiral Halsey Administrative Building, currently the temporary HQ of the Starhawk Pact. Galen opens the door.

Traore turns his attention towards Prince Edward

“Hello Mr. Edward, it is nice to meet you. That is understandable, though you do need to be transparent to a certain extent. The work that intelligence agencies do is very classified, but you don’t want to be to secretive form your citizens to the point where it creates a sense of mistrust from the populace. Anyway let us get inside so our meeting can begin.”

Traore steps out of the car and follows Mr. Galen along with security to the Admiral Halsey Administrative Building.

Prince Edward again speaks:

“Well, to a certain point it is, as I said, The Public know we have an intelligence agency, unlike the Izaakians, who still claim otherwise. The Agency was actually founded by the man this building is named after, Great War Hero and the Unions first Prime Minister, Admiral Jack Halsey. To be fair though, most of the modern agency was finished by Admiral Raven.”

Galen speaks:

“I say it’s time to talk about that Mutual Defence Pact, right?”