SPSF: News and Updates

SPSF: News and Updates

News and updates from the South Pacific Special Forces are available here.

Fellow South Pacificans,

It is an honor and privilege to announce today the promotion of @flowerpetal (Purple Hyacinth) to the rank of Officer.

Since joining the SPSF in February, and attaining the rank of Soldier in late March, Hya has grown into a consistent and formidable updater with over 75 updates and over 1,300 detags under her belt. Equally impressive has been her own pursuit of greater knowledge and experience to improve on the battlefield.

It was a pleasure working with Hya on her officer training. Now, I am pleased to announce her promotion to the rank of Officer of the South Pacific Special Forces with the unanimous consent of the General Corps under Article 1, Section (2) of the Military Code.

2 Likes

September 2022 SPSF Service Report

Fellow South Pacificans,

With the month of September now behind us, I would like to once again share some updates on the activities of the South Pacific Special Forces.

Monthly Statistics

Statistic This Month Trend Monthly Change Percentage Change
Updaters 10 –15 –60%
Updates 31 +13 +72%
Defenses 335 +221 +193%
Detags 450 +208 +86%

Notable Operations

Notable operations this month included the liberation of New Mandalore during the minor update of September 10, involving over 30 updaters from the SPSF and our allies, and the liberation of both the Better Ancapistan and Cuba in the minor update of September 27.

New Officer Promoted

This month also the promotion of @flowerpetal to the rank of Officer. More information can be found in the official announcement.

Service Awards

Updates Attended

Rank Ribbon Awarded To
1 most updates @flowerpetal
2 second-most updates @Pronoun
3 third-most updates @Moon

Detags

Rank Ribbon Awarded To
1 most detags @flowerpetal
2 second-most detags @Pronoun
3 third-most detags @Moon and @chickenswillwin

Defenses

Rank Ribbon Awarded To
1 most defenses @Pronoun
2 second-most defenses @flowerpetal
3 third-most defenses @Moon

Contact

As always, I remain available to answer any questions or concerns.

If what the SPSF does looks interesting to you, we’re always welcoming new members! You can apply here.

Lux, Veritas, Virtus.

Faithfully yours,

Minister of Defense,
Pronoun

About the South Pacific Special Forces has been updated to include the following new policy by unanimous decision of the General Corps:

Faithfully yours,
HumanSanity
General of the South Pacific Special Forces

Greetings,

The South Pacific Special Forces (SPSF) have had steady activity over the past several months, continuously deploying for the defense of innocent regions across NationStates. Our most significant deployment in the last several months has been the liberation of New Westphalia, which we were pleased to liberate alongside many of our treatied allies. However, we have also been regularly active in detagging and defensive operations, with Commander Pronoun playing an active role in update leadership and several new SPSF members getting their feet wet at updates. Given this group of new members, I am happy to announce several promotions from our introductory rank of Trainee to the rank of Soldier. As fully fledged members of the SPSF, Soldiers are considered trained on the basics of our core update operations (liberating, defending tags and occupations, and detagging) and have begun to integrate themselves into our force of regular updaters.

First is @Lila (Celestial Starlight). Having joined the SPSF in late November, Lila has maintained consistent activity in the SPSF despite a restrictive real life schedule, always answering the call when they are able. As a result, Lila has gained some of the most consistent experience of all of our newer members in a variety of operations, as well as providing an eager and friendly presence in our barracks. In recognition of these contributions, I am pleased to promote Lila to the rank of Solider.

Next is @effok (Sjorve Ned). Effok has been a part of the SPSF for far longer, having joined in a civilian siege effort in April 2022. Since that time, Effok has been one of our most consistent minor update liberators, participating in 22 different liberation or siege efforts, always ready to answer the call to protect innocent regions for destruction. Effok has demonstrated consistence and persistence, and over time has also gained the requisite knowledge and skills such that I am pleased to announce their promotion to Soldier.

Finally is one of our newest SPSF members, @ConcreteSlab. Slab is a familiar face to many in the South Pacific, having previously served in the Local Council, as Director of the Office of WA Legislation, and in the Coral Guard. Internationally, many will recognized Slab for his accomplishments as an 8 time WA author. Recently, Slab decided to take the plunge of resigning WA membership on his main nation to join the SPSF, and we’ve been delighted with his participation ever since. Enthusiastic in any task he puts his mind to, Slab quickly learned the basics and is ready to be promoted to Soldier. We look forward to seeing Slab refine his skills and benefiting from the energy he brings to the forces.

Please join me in congratulating our three newest Soldiers!

HumanSanity
General of the South Pacific Special Forces

3 Likes

Congratulations, Soldiers!

1 Like

Hello!

Here is an update concerning the Major and Minor update of 02/26/2023, kindly written by @Klysevia !

While much of the R/D world was focused on N-Day, nuking each other to smithereens and having their good times hitting that pretty red button, evil lurked on the irradiated fields, as Lone Wolves United staged for an operation amid the chaos… but the South Pacific Special Forces and Libcord were there to meet the threat.

Major update on the night of N-Day started with a bang, as our lupine friends attempted a strike on Celtic Nations, which was skillfully deflected by the shields of the defender faction.

The Wolves would later get their hit against an outnumbered Libcord alliance, but the Special Forces and friends would not be returning home with their tails between their legs, as a stealth operation by Auralia was neutralized before it could even get off the ground.

Although the faction was weakened by N-Day splitting their focus, the day of radiation and destruction was not over, and the region struck by the Wolves’ raid missiles could be cleaned up before the fallout settled.

SPSFers deflecting nuclear strikes at major:
Soldier Eshialand
Trainee Evinea

Libcord friends stockpiling their shields with us:
[LDF/WZSB] Raziel
[NPA] Comfed
[TGW] Westinor

Defense: 1
Celtic Nations

Drive-by: 1
Tratado Bandeirante

As the sun rose on a new, more irradiated day, minor update would approach, and the Special Forces and Libcord prepared to clean up LWU’s plutonium mess. They rallied as many forces as they could, and set their sights on the raider pile; they hit FIRE, and away the faction went, wiping out the raider stack with ease, earning their liberation… but that wasn’t all.

As it turned out, a new raider group was emerging, one out of Pony planets. The Special Forces and Libcord, liberations on their mind and hype overflowing, wasted no time in teaching them what Libcord does to new raiders. They would smash into their 1e stack in Otoris with fire, fury, and uranium, marking a truly explosive end to a wonderful N-Day on the R/D battlefield.

SPSFers launching liberation missiles at minor:
Minister of Defense Concrete Slab
Soldier Celestial Starlight
Soldier Eshialand
Trainee Lile Ulie Islands

Libcord friends nuking raiders with us:
[ERN] Maowi
[LDF/WZSB] Raziel
[LDF] Slaggy B
[NPA/ERN] Icarus
[RRA] Ravania
[TGU] Craig
[TGU] Kants
[TGW] Izhtat
[TGW] Takkaviita
[THA/ERN/EPSA] Vor
+TITO

Liberations: 2
The Genesis Corporation
Otoris

If you too would like to participate in (hopefully non-nuclear from now on) wars against raiders, you should check out this dispatch to see how you can join the SPSF!

February 2023 SPSF Service Report

Fellow South Pacificans,

February has been a productive month for the South Pacific Special Forces, and I am so excited to share an update on our activities!

Monthly Statistics

Updaters 18 + 7 +64%
Updates 51 +19 +59%
Defenses 418 +325 +350%
Detags 546 +355 +186%

Notable Operations

Notable operations this month included the liberation of League of Christian Nations during the major update of February 20, involving over 69 total updaters, 12 coming from the SPSF, and the 138 defense run during the major update of February 27, seeing two SPSFers participating.

Furthermore, it was a pleasure to close out the month with a 31 region detag run during the minor update of February 28 with our allies in the Aegis Accords, seeing four SPSFers participating.

New Members of the South Pacific Special Forces

This month also saw the South Pacific Special Forces welcome @Osheiga, @Evi, and @king.fenik to its ranks as Trainees. I think I speak for everyone when I voice my excitement for their futures with the Force!

Now onto everyone’s favorite parts, the Service Awards!

Service Awards

Updates Attended

Rank Ribbon Awarded To
1 most updates @Klysevia
2 second-most updates @ConcreteSlab
3 third-most updates @maluhia

Detags

Rank Ribbon Awarded To
1 most detags @Klysevia
2 second-most detags @ConcreteSlab
3 third-most detags @maluhia

Defenses

Rank Ribbon Awarded To
1 most defenses @Klysevia
2 second-most defenses @Pronoun
3 third-most defenses @maluhia

Congratulations to @Klysevia for the clean sweep! Will anyone be able to dethrone those ridiculous numbers in March?

Contact and Conclusion

If anyone has any questions or concerns, my office is always open! The statistics speak for themselves in showing the South Pacific Special Forces are on the up and up again! To anyone who has aided the Force, even in a small way, I thank you.

If what the SPSF does looks interesting to you, we’re always welcoming new members! You can apply here.

Lux, Veritas, Virtus.

Yours,

Minister of Defense,
Concrete Slab

2 Likes

Hello again!

February is in the books for the South Pacific Special Forces, bringing with it a new batch of Trainees. To ring in the new month, I’m proud to announce two promotions from our introductory rank of Trainee to the rank of Soldier. Becoming a Solider is a high honor, indicating one is ready to become a regular member of the Force and understands the basics of various defending operations. Now, without further ado:

First is @Osheiga (Osheiga). Osheiga began conducting civilian operations in December of 2022 before deciding to become a full-fledged member of the SPSF after participating in the liberation of League of Christian Nations. A prolific card famer, Osheiga came into the Force with a fundamental understanding of the game’s mechanics and the tools to succeed, facilitating their quick promotion to Soldier.

Second is @maluhia (Lile Ulie Islands). The Minister of Culture and a Security Council Resolution author, Maluhia is a familiar face in TSP. Since joining the Force in December of 2022, Maluhia has quickly made themselves a regular at updates, participating in hundreds of detagging and dozens of defensive operations with a friendly smile.

Please join me in congratulating our newest Soldiers!

Concrete Slab
Minister of Defense

4 Likes

Congratulations, Soldiers!

4 Likes

Thank you to Minister Concrete Slab and General HS for teaching me the ways of the SPSF! It’s been a pleasure so far serving in the forces and can’t wait for future times participating in update!

also congrats to osheiga :blush:

2 Likes

Congrats Maluhia and Oshiega!

1 Like

March 2023 SPSF Service Report

Fellow South Pacificans,

March was an incredible month for the South Pacific Special Forces, and I am excited to share an update on our activities!

Monthly Statistics

Updaters 36 + 18 +100%
Updates 57 +6 +12%
Defenses 158 -260 -62%
Detags 395 -151 -28%

Notable Operations

Now, the stats above may be confusing at first glance. How did the SPSF double its number of updaters and increase the number of updates it participated in, but have a decrease in defenses and detags? This is primarily due to the week long siege and liberation of England, where the members of the South Pacific Special Forces gave everything they had to the operation!

Furthermore, it gives me great pride to report that the South Pacific Special Forces SMAHED its single update turnout record this March! During the major update of March 18th, the SPSF saw 24 updaters at the siege! This is truly an incredible accomplishment that the entire South Pacific can be proud of.

Finally, Pronoun rose to a spot on the General Corps of the SPSF after an overwhelmingly positive vote from the Assembly! We know you will keep making us proud!

New Members of the South Pacific Special Forces

This month also saw the South Pacific Special Forces welcome @Konsa , @Banexet , @Shibuya-Kanon , @PodracingFan, @anon70351540 , @anon9181086 , @Epiana , @JhnClarke42 , and @Lily to its ranks as Trainees! Furthermore, we were happy to welcome CRS member @EmC back into the fold! I think I speak for everyone when I voice my excitement for their futures with the Force! Be on the lookout for promotions!

Now onto everyone’s favorite parts, the Service Awards!

Service Awards

Updates Attended

Rank Ribbon Awarded To
1 most updates Klysevia
2 second-most updates Pronoun
3 third-most updates ConcreteSlab

Detags

Rank Ribbon Awarded To
1 most detags Klysevia
2 second-most detags Pronoun
3 third-most detags ConcreteSlab

Defenses

Rank Ribbon Awarded To
1 most defenses Klysevia
2 second-most defenses Pronoun
3 third-most defenses ConcreteSlab

Congratulations to Klysevia for the second clean sweep in a row, attending every single update in March! That’s insane! I ask again, will anyone be able to dethrone those ridiculous numbers in April?

Contact and Conclusion

If anyone has any questions or concerns, my office is always open! The statistics speak for themselves in showing the South Pacific Special Forces are on the up and up again! To anyone who has aided the Force, even in a small way, I thank you.

Lux, Veritas, Virtus.

Yours,

Minister of Defense,
Concrete Slab

All right! I promised promotions in the March Service Report and here they are!

This batch is once again concerning the promotion of Trainees to Soldiers. Becoming a Solider indicates the Trainee has fulfilled all the necessary promotion criteria, while also attaining a higher level of trust and faith with the General Corps and the Minister of Defense. Your three newest South Pacific Special Forces Soldiers are:

@Banexet (Drew Durrnil)! Drew was a longtime holdout against joining the SPSF, but eventually crumbled when they saw the excitement of the England liberation. Being heavily involved with card farming helped give Drew a basic understand of military gameplay, and their card giveaways helped encourage activity and improve morale deep in the England operation!

@Shibuya-Kanon (Koganei)! Better known (at least to me) as Kotoha, they joined the Force as I was desperately searching for new recruits gameside. While they expressed nervousness in regards to joining such a large and new community, they were quick to come out of their shell and are now a regular participant at updates. I am excited to see their continued growth in the Force!

@PodracingFan (PodracingFan)! The final promotion of this batch, Pod was also a pickup during the England liberation. Their enthusiasm at every update was second to none, and they were always hungry to learn and discuss. For someone with zero prior military experience, their speed and skill concerning techniques like switching and chasing are prodigy level.

I am beyond excited to see these three continue on their journey in the SPSF. Please join me in congratulating our newest Soldiers!

Concrete Slab
Minister of Defense

1 Like

Thank you for the promotion and kind words! I look forward to continuing to serve the SPSF, doing TSP proud, and protecting the natives! :saluting_face:

Thank you again Slab for inviting me! I’d never thought I’d come this far in a short amount of time, but I’m glad to be here!!

I’ll continue to do my best!!

2 Likes

In accordance with the above statement, @PodracingFan is dishonorably discharged from the South Pacific Special Forces effective immediately.

2 Likes

That was unexpected. Oh well

The greatest asset of the South Pacific Special Forces has always been the South Pacific itself. Our strength is our community and our members are animated by their experience and roots in many corners of the region.

@ConcreteSlab is one such member. Slab has built a deep foundation in the South Pacific over the past five years, serving as a long-time member of the Local Council, Coral Guard, and building a healthy resume in WA authorship.

When I received Slab’s application, I wondered how a kid with a huge fountain of energy would adapt to the rigors of advanced military gameplay. Slab has had a winding path in the South Pacific, standing trial before the High Court for corruption and bribery (twice?) for various misdeeds. I worried we wouldn’t be able to harness that energy or that Slab wouldn’t commit to refining his craft.

I have never more enjoyed being proven wrong. Since joining the SPSF, Slab has been nothing short of delightful to work with. He took to the daily work of defending instantly, asked insightful questions to learn and grow his defending ability, and then stepped into the role of Minister of Defense with great energy, utilizing his deep foundation within the region to grow the SPSF to new heights during the sieges of England. Every organization at times needs a jolt of energy and a blast of purpose to reinvigorate itself, and to get its old farts out of their rocking chairs to get to work. Slab has been that energy and that purpose and shows no sign of stopping.

By unanimous vote of the General Corps, Concrete Slab is hereby promoted to Officer. May he be our foundation for years to come.

5 Likes