Map of the South Pacific

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Happy holiday! I noticed I’m eligible for a third plot (my last claim was on August) so I’m claiming a new one now before I forgot. I’ve put my customizations on the sandbox map to help y’all edit the map. Thanks!

Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific: NationStates | The Allied Nations of Alvira
Name for your plot
: Prydon
Desired plot: 047
Capital: LASVORN
Location of capital
: In the middle of the central river.
Customisation:

Map

Names

Cities:
LASVORN
Aetrinun
Kostroya
Solnevorn
Setrivié

Geological:
Velikgra 5400m
Belaya Reka
Plodorodnyy Croplands

Already owned plot(s)*: Livana (197), Eria (207)

I confirm that I have:
read the instructions
the intent to participate in roleplay in the Pacifica canon
made sure that the plot hasn’t been claimed by someone else
given each plot I claim a separate name

(Mark with X)

3 Likes

Oh

Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific: NationStates | The Republic of Luvima
Name for your plot
: The Republic of Luvima
Desired plot: 193
Capital: MALLILA
Location of capital
: It is in the map
Customisation:

Already owned plot(s)*: None

I confirm that I have the following:
Read the instructions
The intent to participate in roleplay in the Pacifica canon
Made sure that the plot hasn’t been claimed by someone else
Given each plot I claim a separate name

2 Likes

Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific: NationStates | The Republic of Favrisko
Name for your plot
: (The name of your country that you want to see on the map, which may be different from your NationStates nation name. Please keep it short.): The Republic Of Favrisko/ Favrisko
Desired plot: (Please make sure the plot hasn’t been claimed by checking the last few pages this thread.) 89
Capital: (UPPER CASE LETTERS please): HUGOSWILLE
Location of capital
: In Center Of Plot 89
Customisation: (An image as illustration is always appreciated, accompanied by a list that allows copy/paste): Name them as following
12 States

1. Penoxwille: Southern side of plot 89

This State Will Be very big. Having 12 cities and 5 countryside village areas

1. Ollieno: Eastern Side of plot 89

This State Will Be Big. With 10 cities and 4 rural areas

1. Casternop: Western side of plot 89

This State will be small. With 5 cities and 3 rural areas

1. Auxar: Northen side of plot 89

This state will be very small with 3 cities and 2 rural areas

1. Bunte Brown: East Western Side of plot 89

This State will be very small with 3 cities and 2 rural areas

1. Derkot: Plot 89

Very Small state with 2 cities and 3 rural areas

1. Nordica: Plot 89

Very small state with 3 cities and 3 rural areas.

1. Jovianpol: Plot 89

Very small state with 2 cities and 2 rural areas

1. Midortia

Very small state with 4 cities and 2 rural areas

1. Quinteandu

very small state with 1 city 1 rural area

1. Rivenkwad

very small state with 5 cities 3 rural areas

1. Twinhaven

Very small state with 6 cities and 3 rural areas

2 Islands

1. Molaque Favrisko Island: Sothern side of plot 89
  2. King Martin Socrack Island: Soth Western side of plot 89

Volcano

1. Blasto Volcano: plot 89

Longest and biggest Mountain

1. Kharadova Mountains

3 Rivers

1. Gamvinsko
  2. Queen Aurora River
  3. John Fedricks River

Already owned plot(s)*: (List the the name(s) of the plot(s) that you have been granted on the map, in any) None

I confirm that I have:
[:heavy_check_mark:] read the instructions
[:heavy_check_mark:] the intent to participate in roleplay in the Pacifica canon
[:heavy_check_mark:] made sure that the plot hasn’t been claimed by someone else
[:heavy_check_mark:] given each plot I claim a separate name

(Mark with X)

2 Likes

Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific: NationStates | The Republic of Castemura
Name for your plot
: Aracemia
Desired plot: 081
Capital: San Antonio (in Castemura)
Location of capital
: in Castemura
Customisation:

Red: Casteros
Orange: Valestela
Blue: Orinville
Mountain between Castemura and Aracemia Aracemia Inferior Range

Already owned plot(s)*: Castemura

I confirm that I have:
read the instructions

(Mark with X)

5 Likes

The new climate map is live! Find it in the table of thematic maps in the original post.

The map shows the climate of TSP based on the Köppen climate classification (Wikipedia). It was created by identifying trends on real-life Earth by looking at important factors such as latitude, altitude, oceanic gyres, and to some degree wind patterns.

Even though there appears to be strict borders between the different classifications, that is not the case in nature; it is a simplified representation of nature. TSP’s climate map is of course even more simplified than its real-life counterpart, since a more detailed and realistic map would require real simulations with input and computational resources we don’t have. I did also skip some intermediate classifications, such as the various Mediterranean ones. Therefore, please view the map as an indication of the climate in your plot. It’s going to be something like what’s shown on the map, but not exactly like it, everywhere. It’s entirely possible that we find mistakes or opportunities to improve the map, so the map may be subject to some change.

I already mentioned the oceanic gyres as important to the research. They bring warm or cold water. Other than warming or cooling lands they pass, they bring air with different moisture. To protect long established lore, a Gulf Stream-kind of warm current was introduced that passes southwestern Bailtem, giving the area a much more lush climate than the desert it would have been without it.

When identifying the climate in your plot(s), you may find it difficult to see exactly what shade of colour there is, and there are many shades that look very similar. Remember that most of TSP is located on the southern hemisphere, therefore plots close to the equator will have climate classifications similar to those on real-life Earth and the shades of blue found there will represent tropical climates. Further south we again find shades of blue. Now these represent humid and subarctic climates. The same goes for green for example.

8 Likes

Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific: Emagination
Name for your plot: Ravensland
Desired plot: 097
Capital: SIGBJØRNSTAD
Location of capital: Depicted on image
Customisation:

• SynnĂžve (river)
  • KrĂ„kehjemmet
  • Reine
  • Revna

Already owned plot(s): Hystaiga (061), Valkyria (064, 066)

I confirm that I have:
read the instructions

2 Likes

The following nations have been removed due to the NS nation either having ceased to exist (CTE) or having moved to another region (NIR), or due to the player having failed activity check (FAC):

Beograd A.Z. (TPSR) (CTE)
Clashonia (CTE)
Eastern Clashonia (CTE)
Sugovia (CTE)
Northern Sugovia (CTE)

For those who are waiting for being added, please be patient for a little while more.

2 Likes

Hello, I have brought my nationstates account back to life after forgetting about it. Is it possible to request my old plots again?

2 Likes

If the plot(s) are open, you can claim them again. However, as far as I know you wouldn’t be able to get them all back at once

I would like to remove Anzhou or Arnchow from the map. It would then give me 3rd plot allowance and 4th plot allowance. I would also like to rename Huawan Seaside to “Eastern Huawan”

There are two plots I would like to desire.

Third Plot

Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific: Huawan (Pacifica) - TSP Encyclopedia (tspforums.xyz)
Name for your plot
: Western Huawan
Desired plot: 057
Capital: Meikhot
Location of capital
: where the rivers meet, by the border
Customisation: I will make full map customisation first.

Fourth Plot

Name for your plot: Southern Huawan
Desired plot
: 027
Capital: Lengchi
Location of capital*: somewhere near the water
Customisation: I will make full map customisation

Already owned plot(s)*: Huawan, Huawan Seaside

I confirm that I have:
read the instructions

(Mark with X)

1 Like

Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific: NationStates | The Rainy Days of New American Dictatorship
Name for your plot
: Yttria
Desired plot: 76
Capital: XENIA
Location of capital
: Marked in image
Customisation:
NewYttriaClaim
Rubidel
Antima
Xenia

Already owned plot(s)*: N/A

I confirm that I have:
read the instructions

(Mark with X)

In light of the new plots available, I would like to rescind my last desired plot in favor of a new one.

Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific: Emagination
Name for your plot: Østway (Valkyria)
Desired plot: 068
Capital: SIGBJØRNSTAD
Location of capital: Depicted on image
Customisation:

• SynnĂžve (river)
  • Sanddyneland (desert)
  • KrĂ„kehjemmet
  • Reine
  • Revna
  • ElvstrĂžm

Screenshot 2024-02-02 223404

Already owned plot(s): Hystaiga (061), Valkyria (064, 066)

I confirm that I have:
read the instructions

Oh hey, you’re the guy who dmed me about how to make a language!

1 Like

Done!

Done! Due to space constraints I could not fill your plot with all the desired customisations. Sorry about that.

I reserved the spots on the map and removed Lutezzik. I will add the customisation as far as possible in the next few days. Tonight I don’t have the time to add this much detail anymore. Sorry for the extended delay.

Done. Didn’t add the city “Wasserstraße” and transliterated your cyrillic mountain name to a latinised version. While I added the “Wellensittich River”, I’m very curious to hear the reasoning, why it is called that way

You were not added due to your nation not being part of TSP.

Same as with Kobe’s plots, I reserved Favrisko’s plot now, but I will only add the details a little later due to time constraints. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Arnchow has been removed. Huawan Seaside has been renamed to “Eastern Huawan”.
I would like to ask you to tell me, how Eastern Huawan (and also Huawan Central) are going to be edited, so the rules are met (which cities are going to be removed from the map etc.)

The rest of your application cannot be processed as it doesn’t follow the map claiming rules, most notably that a country consisting of four plots is not allowed.

I’m hesitant to allow you back on the map as the last two times you were quick in requesting a removal of your nation again. Please lay out your rp-plans and why this time you think, you will not request a nation removal after a few weeks again.

This is not a talking thread. Please message the user here via Messages or via Discord, if you want to get into contact with them.

6 Likes

The first time was because I took a break from NS, and the second time I just didn’t like the idea I had (and I believe this plot was taken). I have never lost interest in Yttria as a concept, and I’m working on limiting how much time I’m actually spendong on NationStates so as to not be hit by burnout again.
In the past, I’ve tried to set up situations that could lead to my nations becoming powerful in the area they’re in. This time, I want to explore a Yttria that is good at what it does, but has no desire to become some sort of world power. I’m particularly interested in creating a more detailed, well-thought out past that has played a role in shaping the nation as it is now, since that’s an area that I’ve lacked in the past.
In the modern day, I would like to focus on the down-to-earth lives of the people living in Yttria, and also work to forge/keep up relationships with Yttria’s neighbors
As Yttria is closely identified woth the fishing industry, I think it would be interesting to eventually have an open rp related to exploring the deep ocean, something that remains mostly unexplored in our own world.
And, of course, there’s the Fish Holidays

1 Like

This info here is correct @Sugovia

@EmC I unfortunately had to retract and take away Østway from you again. When I originally edited the map, I forgot for a second that one of the four plots must be considered “less desirable”. Plot 068, especially in the context of you then owning a hole East-to-West stretch there and expanding Valkyria heavily with it, cannot be really considered “less desirable”, neither can one of the plots you already own. I unfortunately need to ask you to try applying for another plot (alternatively you could also move Hystaiga, but I’m sure that this is not possible with the history you have built up).

2 Likes

Thank you and noted. I’ll focus on trying to reclaim Sugovia and Clashonia proper for now then

Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific: NationStates | The Thirteen United Provinces of Sugovia
Name for your plot
: Sugovia
Desired plot: 075
Capital: RIVERION
Location of capital
: on the mouth of the river
Customisation: if possible, I would like for my old customisations to be reinstated.

Already owned plot(s)*: N/A

I confirm that I have:
read the instructions
the intension to participate in roleplay in the Pacifica canon

(Mark with X)

2 Likes

Would the plot claim I rescinded earlier for Plot 097 be an acceptable claim, or is it still too large?

1 Like