Akropii-Galactyan First Contact

“While it is true that we are behind a badlands area, our nation extends higher than the badlands.” Litus stood up and drew a straight line that passed right above the badlands.

“As for our nation, yes it is currently made up of only robots and AIs. Before the Apocalypse War there were living people, but due to an escalation in the war, the weapons of world destruction were launched, they were all bioweapons, and thus all life died on our worlds.”

1 Like

“Oh. Well I’m… quite sad to hear that. I’m sure it must be a painful memory of your nation. I’m very sorry.”

“Well, if it’s of any interest to you, we also have some robotic citizens, but they do have internal biological parts, so they’re not entirely mechanical.”

That was quite a tragic tale. Hertansolp wished to know more, but for now they had to deal with other pressing matters. Later, they could talk with their newfound robot acquaintances all they wanted.

“Well… I do have a more important request for you now. If it’s possible for you to do so, I’d need you to give me your ship’s signal signature and a direct communication line with your government. That way our nations can officially contact each other and we can recognize your ships and not attack them in the future. The Emperors have decided to make it standard procedure, so I have to ask you.”

“It is most painful for those who had their minds uploaded before the war, and saw their families and friends die. Most new-age citizens often call those who died inferior. They show incredible disrespect towards life.”

“We do not particularly care whether you have cyborgs. Robot parts are not the distinguishing characteristic in our nation. More than half our citizens are AI who have never taken a robot body.”

“We can give you the signature to the Ardeo, as well as a key to decode Akropii registration signals. As for a direct line of communication, all we have are portable comms stations, which we can adapt in our fabrication array.”

1 Like

“Thank you for that, it’s going to be rally useful later on. Okay, so, now that we got the diplomatic protocol bases all covered you can either stay here or go back to your nation right away. If you decide to stay perhaps we could go chat in the actual main garden of the Inner Ecosystem. From what I gathered off of your reactions upon entering my office, I get that you haven’t seen a lot of biological life in a while! You’ll be able to ask me any question you want about Galactya and it’s people. You can record all of it, if you wish to do so.”

“But, at the end of the day, the choice is yours, of course. especially since I’m sure you’ll have a lot to talk about with your government upon re-entering.”

“So, what will you do?”

1 Like

“We will take you up on your offer to stay. I would love to see your inner ecosystem and catalog your biodiversity. We have no need to immediately return, all necessary information has been sent to our government.”

“After this might we be allowed to travel your nation and experience and document your culture?”

1 Like

”I’m glad to hear you’ve accepted my offer. And while I can’t be immediately certain that you’ll be able to travel to the rest of the Empire, I will contact the Government and ask them for permission. They are usually pretty happy to meet other alien races, so you have good chances.”

”Let’s go take a walk then. If you any question about the plants you see feel free to ask. I engineered most of them, so I know my way around here.”

The Governor led the aliens along a path that went deeper into the Inner Ecosystem. Strange luminescent plants, that looked like hybrids of plantae and fungi, grew and bloomed all around them. It was a beautiful sight.

”So, could you tell me a bit more about yourself and your crew? I take you’re an authority figure, perhaps like a captain, but I can’t be sure.”

”Also, how rare is biological life in your nation? I wouldn’t want to overwhelm you after all.”

What a strange question to ask. During their millenia-lasting journey through the cosmos, the Galactyans had seen all kinds of oddities, and probably became the strangest species they knew of. But still, it was strange to talk to someone who considered biological life rare. Not wrong, just unusual. The Governor liked it. It was time to meet someone more diverse.