[2416.CN] PM Penguin's Cabinet Appointments

I worry that I’m not seeing a comprehensive government agenda for the term and that even ministers-designate don’t seem to be clear on who their colleagues will be or what the overall direction of the agenda should be.

1 Like

I can only answer for myself here - I have communicated with the PM my intended agenda for the upcoming term (that I have since presented to the Assembly) before she agreed to appoint me, and she has promised her support where necessary. I imagine the arrangement is very much similar for the other appointees.

InterLeft is a multi-regional alliance of leftist regions that was formed in the aftermath of an exodus of regions from NSLeft, which is aligned with the raider faction via TCB primarily and via other cross-members and cultural ties. Non-GP aligned regions is meant to refer to regions who do not already heavily associate with either defenders (with whom we already either share some ties or more formal agreements) or raiders (which we do not seek greater relations with). One such example is Alcris, which is constitutionally prohibited from maintaining a regional military that participates in R/D.

Simply put, to give us more options in the future with regards to foreign policy prospects. Defenders took a heavy hit a year ago, in the aftermath of the Good Friday Incident, especially the Coalition, as most of our FA ties were with Defender regions that actively participated in R/D. One of the key takeaways that I had from that, on a personal level, was to help ensure that we wouldn’t accidentally pigeonhole ourselves into one very small sliver of inter-regional dialogues and networks, and that we could broaden ourselves out to help mitigate any potential crises in one part of our foreign affairs. This agenda is meant to help execute that.

2 Likes

Double-posting to raise specific awareness of this comment.

This is completely false. Any authority not specifically delegated to a Minister is returned to the Prime Minister, and “helping the roleplay” is not a constitutional responsibility (although liaising between government and community is) of the Prime Minister, let alone the Minister of Culture. Unless the PM charges the Minister with that particular duty, then it would not fall back on the MoC, as before.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the delay on my responses. Our neighbor’s House had a fire and knocked out power for half of our street so I’ve been without power for two days now and I’ve been focusing more on that than on the region for which I apologize.

Powers expected to come back on tonight or tomorrow and I will answer any other questions then.

Also this isn’t the first fire there so police are investigating and it’s been SO much fun…

2 Likes

I motion the appointments to vote

3 Likes

I second the motion

1 Like

The two separate motions are recognised, and the appointments are brought to a vote here.