[2351.AP] Elections Act Reform

Agreed. For Delegate elections, we can do that system where the first two people to cross 50%+1 support make it to round 2.

Agreed. I’d rather keep the start of the term on the first of the month, vice moving the start of the election to the 15th, as a note. Makes for nicer start/stop dates for future historians.

Agreed.

Iffy. An idea that @Pronoun had in #legislator-lounge was to just use a resolution adopting a Chair, which I think is an excellent idea, but it would require some additional buy-in from the Assembly to start using resolutions/legislative powers in a more ceremonial way.

There’s. . . a lot of discussion to be had regarding this point, I think. I’m not sure where I stand on it, but I’ll get back to this soon, after seeing some additional discussion.

Picking this part out to just “lol” for a bit. Otherwise, agreed.

Agreed. I’m sure there’s other parts of our laws that could also be moved to the Charter, and vice versa, but this is a good start.

I’d accept this proposal as a means to ensure continuity of government and the presence of at least some leadership while we figure out the next head honcho. Also worth clarifying that it’s the PM and their appointed ministers, since the advisory councils don’t completely turn over in every new term.